When it's time to find new tenants, how can rental property owners find the best quality renters? To target your ideal renters, property owners must optimize their rental property marketing for different generations. Baby boomers and millennials make excellent tenants, but making sure they find your rental (and are happy living there) requires insights into what these generations look for and how to deliver it for them.
What do property owners need to know to attract boomers and millennials? Here's how Kitsap County property management companies can help.
Marketing Rentals to Millennials
Millennials were born after 1981 and before 1996. They're tech-savvy, and they tend to rely on the internet for most of their information—including searching for rental properties. To help your rentals stand out in online searches, rental property owners must create compelling listings with high-quality photos that catch the eye of your next tenants when using the small screen on a mobile device during a rental search.
Make sure your rentals also deliver the amenities that millennials look for in a rental home. Millennials want to see amenities and features like:
- Excellent schools for their young children
- Safe neighborhoods with parks and plenty of amenities within walking distance, like dog parks, daycare; and libraries
- Nearby shopping, entertainment venues, and recreational facilities
- Enough room for children to play inside and outside the home
- Online methods to pay the rent and submit maintenance requests
Millennials place a high value on work-life balance. They look for rentals with easy access to highways to reduce commute times that can take away from evenings and weekends at home with their families. They also look for convenience and flexibility. Offering technology in your rentals and flexible lease terms can help you attract (and keep) more millennial tenants in your properties.
Marketing Rental Properties to Baby Boomers
Baby boomers include those who were born between 1946 and 1964. They grew up with print media, in-person exchanges, and phone calls that involved speaking to others on the other end of the line to communicate. When it comes to chat and text, a baby boomer might use these features, but they're more confident with a human operator.
For property owners, finding the right balance of technology and human interaction will help you serve boomer tenants well. Some might prefer to pay the rent by check. However, many baby boomers use online banking and will appreciate a secure online portal to send monthly rent payments.
As with targeting millennial renters in Kitsap County, make sure your properties meet the needs of baby boomers! They look for amenities and features like:
- Convenience and low-maintenance properties that don't require excessive time or energy to keep up with their tenant responsibilities
- Neighborhoods with nearby shopping, hospitals, houses of worship, and entertainment venues
- Parks or sitting areas outside the home and dog parks
- Shower or tub layouts and hand-rails that can assist mobility for an aging generation
- Safe properties where they can feel at home for many years to come
Baby boomers in Kitsap County are retired or nearing retirement. Their priorities shift from a career to a retired lifestyle focused on free time, family, and comfort. Low-maintenance homes with plenty of convenience features, on-call maintenance help, and uncomplicated processes to pay the rent or renew a lease helps boomer feel at home in your rentals.
You'll also find many renters in this generation are downsizing from larger homes that once held their families. These renters prioritize a stress-free space and lifestyle with room for kids and grandkids to visit without the time requirement or expense of keeping up a larger home.
Find Better Tenants With the Right Approach
You might find that many millennials and baby boomers look for the same type of amenities in a quality rental home. While there are some differences, these generations of excellent tenants prioritize safety, convenience, some technology, and excellent property management.
Whether your Kitsap County rentals are ideal for one generation or another, keeping your properties well-maintained, competitively priced, and expertly managed will attract quality tenants and improve your bottom line.
Use marketing strategies that help you place (and keep) the best renters, including these expert Kitsap County property management tips:
- Create quality listings with excellent photos and easy-to-submit rental applications
- Apply a thorough screening process to target quality residents
- Make in-demand upgrades to keep your properties competitive and grab the attention of potential millennial or baby boomer tenants
- Use professional property management to respond promptly to resident requests and keep renters safe and comfortable
Quality rentals and excellent tenant management help investors enjoy better tenants and more income!
Kitsap County Property Management Markets Rentals to Any Generation
No matter who your ideal tenant is, let a Kitsap County property management company handle your rental property marketing!Joseph Property Management has the experience you need to find quality tenants and meet the rental home needs of millennials, baby boomers, and other generations.
We create professional property listings to attract the attention of excellent tenants. If your property needs upgrades that can help you find better renters and improve your income, we can help you navigate those, as well. When you're ready to talk, reach out for a free consultation!